(This page contains affiliate links. At no cost to you, I gain a small commission if you buy items through my links here. Find our disclaimer page here). That being said, this is an honest review of the Milkology Ultimate Breastfeeding Course.
I took the online Ultimate Breastfeeding Course. as a refresher before I have my second baby. With my first, we had a breastfeeding portion of our birth class but this time I wanted to just remind myself about breastfeeding. I found Stacey’s class, and loved it so much that now I’m an affiliate for her (if you sign up through my links, I get a small commission off of it, no extra cost for you!) As a mother who has breastfed one, and plans to tandem breastfeed both of my babies, I found this to be an amazing course for both soon-to-be mothers/new moms, and for moms who just need a refresher. Below are some of my favorite things about her course:
- Stacey tells you how breastfeeding works, why it is beneficial for your baby, and what to expect from right after birth into the first few months of breastfeeding.
- It is a video format online, so it is possible to just listen to it if you don’t have time to sit in front of a computer (I listened to half of it while exercising). You can also watch it anywhere you have internet access, since it is on her website.
- The course is broken up into video chunks of 5-10 minute videos, so you can watch it a little bit at a time, and if you want to come back to a certain part it’s easy to find without skipping through a super long video.
- The total time of the course is only about 90 minutes total, so if you want to go through it all in one sitting, that’s totally doable too.
- The videos are very informative and slow enough that you can absorb the information. A lot of the video also has the information written out in front of you for the visual learners.
- Her information agrees with information from La Leche League (recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. They also have local breastfeeding support groups). This information also lines up with Kellymom.com, a great resource for questions about breastfeeding.
- The information is well-organized and she defines the terms she uses
- Practical tips like clothing for nursing,
- At the end of the course, there are bonus resources and discount codes for other baby-related courses and for nursing products
- It is boring to watch in certain parts and moves slowly if you’re looking for a refresher, but that’s because she gives you time to absorb the information and has the info on slides instead of illustrating everything.
- It shows a real woman breastfeeding her baby. So just be warned, if someone is watching with you, that there is a real boob shown (super helpful to see how breastfeeding is done though).
Overall, I highly recommend the Ultimate Breastfeeding Class.
Here are some links to the other classes that Stacey offers also if you’re interested in certain aspects of breastfeeding:
- Back to work pumping class
- Exclusive pumping class
- Pump it up (how to maximize your pumping output)
- Master your milk supply (how to make the perfect amount of milk for baby)
I hope this was helpful in helping you decide whether to join her course, and wish you luck on your breastfeeding journey!
5 thoughts on “Milkology Ultimate Breastfeeding Course Review”
What a great review. Very informative.
Great review for the milkology breast feeding course, I’ll let my pregnant friends know!
Great review, which I had had this when I was breastfeeding!
This is really cool!! I am out of the breastfeeding stage but should any of my friends need this I will pass it along.
This is a very informative review. I wish I had read something like this when I was breastfeeding.