If you want a fun way to tell your kids about an upcoming trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World, you can put together a surprise gift to open as a hint of where you are going! Below is a list of things you can give as gifts that would all be useful on the Disney trip itself.
(This page contains affiliate links. At no cost to you, I gain a small commission if you buy items through my links. Find my disclaimer page here).
- Mickey and Minnie ears – there’s lots of options, for any favorite character, but here are some classic Mickey and Minnie ears.
- Bubble wands offer great entertainment for little kids, especially in line. Disney bubble wands – there are bubble wands in the park, but they don’t offer much variety. There are also refills available in the park for $2.
- Suitcase – there are a variety of Disney suitcases available, perfect for when you’re staying at a Disney resort or nearby hotel. My daughter loves to pack them and take them around our house, or to the parks even for our day trips (I make her leave them in the car those days though.
- Backpack – perfect for your days around the park. There are drawstring backpacks, backpacks for little kids, or Loungefly backpacks that are popular among the adults at the parks and hold a surprising amount of essentials.
- Snacks – I pack lots of snacks during our park days, and there are fun options like these Mickey goldfish!
- Insulated cooler bag -I like to keep our snacks in an insulated snack bag, so things can stay cool. I like to pack sliced apples, string cheese, applesauce pouches, snack bars, trail mix, and crackers. Sometimes I’ll make sandwiches or hard-boiled eggs as more substantial options as well.
- Raincoat – Amazon has a few Disney raincoat options here. There are also poncho options.
- Jacket – There are lots of Disney jacket options, including this adorable Mickey hoodie.
- Magicbands – these are bracelets that can be scanned to access your information such as tickets, lightning lanes, and payment information. At DisneyWorld in Florida, you can use MagicBand, MagicBand2 and MagicBand+, but at Disneyland in California, they only use MagicBand+. You can buy them at the parks, or online at shopdisney.com
- Water bottle – reusable water bottles are great for the Disney parks. There are water refill stations around the park, and quick service restaurants give out free ice water.
- Some fun Disney outfits to wear at Disneyland