I love taking my toddlers to the Disneyland Resort here in Anaheim, but sometimes my kids need space to run around and play, especially because I usually keep them in the stroller when we’re walking in between rides (for more of my tips on taking toddlers to Disneyland, click here). We try to go once or twice a month (I’m trying to enjoy our Magic Key annual passes as much as possible). Below are my favorite places to let my toddlers play and run free at both Disneyland and California Adventure:
- Toontown – there’s a grass area, a splash pad area, and fake cars and jail cells to play with.
- Tom Sawyer Island (get there using the rafts across from Haunted Mansion)
- Pooh Corner in Critter Country
- Rise of the Resistance area in Galaxy’s Edge
- Seating area behind Edelweiss Snacks in between Small World and Mattahorn
- Seating area at Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland
- Giant water ball in Tomorrowland in front of Space Mountain
- Redwood Creek
- Pathway behind Grizzly River Run
- Paradise Gardens
- Giant water ball in Pixar Pier in front of Pixar Pal-a-Round
- Fillmore’s Taste-In
- Inside Animation Academy – great for hot days or rainy days
- Disney Jr. Dance party is great f0r getting the wiggles out – it runs a few times every day
If you need help planning your Disneyland trip, I can help! I have created a free spreadsheet in Google Sheets to help my email subscribers maximize their magical trip to Disneyland. Once you become an email subscriber (use the handy box on the right), you will receive an email with a link to my resource library with various Disneyland resources, including my PDF of tips, downloadable Google planning sheets, Disneyland scavenger hunts, and more! For a sneak peek and more info on my planning sheets, click here. You may also be interested in my posts on taking a toddler to Disneyland, packing a diaper bag for Disneyland, or my other Disneyland posts.