Updated January 2023
If you need a quiet place to rest, get away from the crowds and stimulation, or let a toddler sleep in the stroller, I have made a list of my favorite quiet places at Disneyland and California Adventure below:
- Fantasyland Theatre area, in between showtimes
- Main Street stores for some shopping
- Critter Country/Pooh’s Corner at the exit of Splash Mountain
- Behind Thunder Mountain, on the path between Frontierland and Fantasyland
- Between the Matterhorn and Small World
- Shows to sit, watch, and rest in air-conditioned buildings (but no strollers are allowed inside): Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and the Main St Cinema
In California Adventure:
- The path behind Grizzly River Run – there’s a waterfall so there’s white noise, but not a lot of people walking back here
- Inside Animation Building – there are a few couches, carpet, the animation studio with classes, Sorcerer’s Workshop to explore (including Beast’s library with interactive books), and Turtle Talk with Crush, an interactive show
- Shows to sit, watch, and rest in air-conditioned buildings (but no strollers are allowed inside): Turtle Talk with Crush in Animation Building, Philharmagic, and a show in Hyperion Theatre (as of January 2023 still no reopening date)
- Disneyland Resort hotel lobbies – they’re open to anyone, and the Grand Californian’s is accessible directly from California Adventure. The Disneyland Hotel lobby has a TV that plays Mickey cartoons right by the check-in desks too.
Other things to do for rest:
(This page contains affiliate links. At no cost to you, I gain a small commission if you buy items through my links. Find my disclaimer page here).
Noise-canceling headphones for loud rides or during fireworks
Use the app to mobile order and find somewhere to sit and eat snacks
While you rest, I have a Disneyland scavenger hunt you can download for free once you subscribe to my email list
Meet characters, especially Pooh’s friends down in Critter Country. You can hug them, get pictures, and get their autograph!
Get a bubble wand for entertaining little kids