When we moved out of our apartment into our new home, I made a checklist of all the places I needed to change my address. Hopefully this list of places to change your address will be helpful; feel free to comment any places I have forgotten! If you are wondering where to change your address, you can change your information online for most of these, or you could call the company to change your information.
- US post office (it costs $1 online but they will forward your mail for a year!). Make sure you don’t get scammed by companies who do it for you and charge you for it; it’s very easy to do yourself directly through their website.
- Banks, credit card accounts, investment, and retirement accounts
- Car insurance (be aware that your rate may change because the zip code you live in affects your rate; I didn’t know this and even though we just moved across town, our rate increased a lot)
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Any other insurance you may have
- DMV for vehicle registration
- School, if you are or have a student, and/or student loan entities
- Dr offices (general doctor, dentist, eye doctor, your children’s doctors…)
- Pen pals, family, friends
- Subscriptions to magazines, newspapers, or any subscription boxes
- Amazon, especially if you have automatic subscription deliveries
- Places you have a membership at (gym, AAA, Instacart, Postmates, UberEats, etc)
If you would like a FREE printable copy of this checklist, subscribe to my email list on the right-hand side and you will immediately receive an email with access to download this checklist and more!