Disneyland at Christmas is one of my favorite things. Disneyland alone is one of my favorite things, but add Christmas to it and it’s truly extra magical! This year the Christmas season starts on November 8 and continues until January 6.
These are some of my must-dos:
- the giant Christmas tree on Main Street
- all the Christmas decorations, especially on Main Street, and It’s a Small World
- the Sleeping Beauty castle with snow on it
- the nighttime lights (revisit the tree and the castle!)
- and characters such as Mickey and Minnie wear Christmas outfits so it’s worth it to stand in line and snap a picture with them too
- Meet Santa Claus (he stops in Critter Country, Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, and each of the three hotels).
Things to Do and Ride:
- Ride It’s a Small World (it has a special Christmas theme)
- Ride the Haunted Mansion (it has a special Halloween-Christmas theme)
- Watch the parade
- Watch the fireworks if you can stay out late (there are spots where it snows!)
- Get special Christmas souvenirs
- Try special Christmas treats
- Bonus: The Grand Californian hotel has a big gingerbread house in their lobby that you can look at in addition to their beautiful Christmas decor, and you can even meet Santa there.
Curious what’s in my diaper bag at Disneyland? Also read my post about Disneyland with a baby, and my follow-up post Disneyland with an 11-month-old. One of my favorite Disneyland bloggers (she has all the insider tips and latest happenings) is https://www.mkmamas.com.